Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Professional Angst Part II

So, I had a job interview today.

I didn't mention it yesterday, because I'm superstitious and didn't want to jinx myself.

It was the third part of a four part interview process.

I thought things went well.

I was excited about the company.  Excited about the job.  Excited at the idea of putting in a two week's notice at my current job.

But about a hour after the one-on-one interview ended, I got a call letting me know that I didn't need to come back for the afternoon portion (a job shadowing).

I was so disappointed.  I really thought things had gone well.  I thought I'd be a good fit for them and them for me.

Job interviewing is so depressing.  The rejection is very hard to take.


F-You job hunting!

Dear Amber,

I'm sorry to hear the interview didn't go as you'd hoped.  Interviewing can certainly be defeating.  A four part interview process sounds unnecessary and expensive.  Where are you looking to take your career?

No comments:

Post a Comment