Monday, February 20, 2012

Stairway to laziness (mini post)


 My number one pet peeve is when people stand on escalators.  Really people, pretend they're stairs and walk.  If you wish to remain stationary, step to the right and allow others to pass.  Walking up the escalator can help you burn extra calories while strengthening your leg and butt muscles.   The intention of the escalator is not to give you a "ride" but to help you get there faster. 

*this is the first of what I like to call a mini post, brief but impactual*

Amber, any thoughts?



Sarah, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies.  I have been known to be a lazy escalator passenger.  If I'm in a rush, of course I climb.  But on a lazy day at the mall, for instance, I might just park and ride.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I did that at the local JC Penney just last weekend.  Whoops! 

(But, at least Thing 1 and Thing 2, Superman, and I were the only ones on it at the time.  So we weren't impeding anyone else's progress.)

But I rarely park and ride on a movable sidewalk, mostly because they usually put those in places where people are trying to beat feet (like an airport).  I'm rarely in a rush at the mall, but I'm almost always in a rush at the airport.

My biggest pet peeve: people misusing the reflexive object pronoun.  (Yep, I'm a language geek.)



If you're like me (Sarah) and want to learn what exactly what misuse of the reflexive object pronoun, follow this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment