Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mother Nature

Dear Sarah,

On our road trip to Virginia Beach last week, we drove through Henryville, IN.

Just a few weeks ago, on March 2, tornadoes ripped through the Midwest.  Henryville, IN was just one of the many towns affected by this.

Sarah, I have never seen anything like it.  You see the pictures on TV and in the newspaper, but nothing compares to seeing this kind of devastation in real life.




Dear Amber,

In my life I've been fortunate enough to not see such devastation. Living in Virginia Beach you have hurricanes, and yes my parents had to replace roofing shingles on more than one occasion, but I've seen nothing to this scale.  As an AmeriCorps member, I saw devastation in the form of poverty, specifically in Appalachia, but I've not seen the workings of Mother Nature's destructive side.  Perhaps I am lucky...been practically living in a bubble.


My heart goes out to the families and communities that have been interrupted....... no devoured by natural disasters like those of the recent tornadoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment